TE Hernandez leaving Florida early
Hernandez made his announcement Wednesday. He is the second Florida underclassman to make the jump to the NFL, joining cornerback Joe Haden. Several more could join them, including defensive end Carlos Dunlap and offensive linemen Mike and Maurkice Pouncey.
Hernandez had a team-high 68 receptions for 850 yards and five touchdowns this season. He became the first Southeastern Conference player to win the Mackey Award, given annually to the nation's top tight end.
Hernandez finished his career with 111 catches for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL mulls fine for Lynch's hat, sources say
- Lynch to media: 'You know why I'm here'
- Ex-QB Blake: Deflating footballs common
- Broncos hire Phillips as defensive coordinator
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Florida Gators Orange Football Practice Legend T-shirt