Gators safety Will Hill to enter draft
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida safety Will Hill is leaving school a year early to enter the NFL draft.
Hill's departure has been expected for weeks, but it didn't become official until the school released a brief statement Friday. Underclassmen have until Saturday to declare for the draft.
Hill started 10 games in 2010, finishing with 54 tackles and two interceptions. The junior was suspended the first two games of the season for an undisclosed violation of team rules. He struggled for much of the year after returning.
He leaves Florida with 144 tackles, four interceptions and two sacks. He's likely a mid-round pick in April's draft.
New coach Will Muschamp wished Hill luck and urged him to finish his degree.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers tops Watt, collects 2nd MVP award
- Seau, Bettis, Shields among 8 in HOF class
- Cardinals' Arians wins 2nd coach of year honor
- Watt 1st unanimous DPOY; Murray honored
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Florida Gators Blue Football Practice Legend T-shirt