Wideout reaches 700 receptions in 119 games
INDIANAPOLIS -- Marvin Harrison broke the Indianapolis Colts' franchise record for yards receiving Sunday and became the fastest player to 700 receptions in NFL history.
Harrison caught two passes for 26 yards in the first quarter against Carolina to achieve both feats.
His first reception, a 9-yard catch, sent him past Hall of Famer Raymond Berry (9,275) for the franchise record. After his third catch Sunday, a 33-yarder, Harrison was at 9,327 yards receiving.
He now holds the club records for receptions, yards and touchdowns.
Harrison's second catch Sunday gave him 700 in his 114th career game. The fastest previous receiver to reach 700 receptions was Jerry Rice, who did it in 139 games.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Source: Giants physical for Rodgers-Cromartie
- Ex-Seahawks CB Thurmond signs with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Photo File Indianapolis Colts Lucas Oil Stadium Framed Photo