QB hasn't really started running yet
ATLANTA -- With their losing streak at six, the Atlanta Falcons sure could use Michael Vick.
But it appears unlikely the Pro Bowl quarterback will return for the Falcons' next game, Nov. 2 against Philadelphia.
"The chances are slim," coach Dan Reeves said after the Falcons were routed 45-17 by New Orleans on Sunday. "He's not even really running yet."
Kurt Kittner, who began the season as the third-string quarterback, made his first NFL start against the Saints. He was 9-of-29 for 115 yards -- good enough to likely keep the No. 1 job for the next game.
"We'll have to analyze it and see how he did," Reeves said. "But I don't know of any reason why he wouldn't start again."
Doug Johnson, who started the first six games for the Falcons (1-6), would remain the backup.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- 49ers' Smith: 'Best shape' ever entering camp
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Suspended WR Blackmon arrested for pot
- Source: Pack's Nelson wants $10M per year
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Away Game Jersey Philadelphia Eagles Michael Vick #7 - Extended Sizes