Bears fan in critical condition
CHICAGO -- A male fan was in serious condition after falling from the third level at new Soldier Field during Sunday's game between the Bears and San Diego, Chicago police said.
Police would not release the man's name or age, citing federal privacy laws.
The man landed on a grassy area, and officer JoAnn Taylor said he was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital. She wouldn't release any details on his injuries.
Soldier Field reopened Sept. 29 after being refurbished as part of a $606 million lakefront beautification project. The stadium's stately old colonnades remain, but a new seating bowl was built between them. There are four levels of seats on the west side of the stadium.
The Bears had no immediate comment.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey Chicago Bears Matt Forte #22