Carr updated to probable on injury report
HOUSTON -- The Texans upgraded David Carr to probable on their injury report Thursday, another sign he will start this weekend at Cincinnati after missing a game with a sprained right ankle.
Carr rested the ankle for 10 days after twisting it during a sack at Indianapolis on Oct. 26. Tony Banks led Houston to a 14-10 victory against Carolina last Sunday as Carr watched from the sideline.
Carr was listed as questionable but was upgraded after getting through practice Wednesday without complications. Coach Dom Capers said Carr looked good while taking all the first-team snaps in practice Thursday and will start against the Bengals unless he suffers a setback.
"Our plan is to start David," Capers said.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL mulls fine for Lynch's hat, sources say
- Lynch to media: 'You know why I'm here'
- Ex-QB Blake: Deflating footballs common
- Broncos hire Phillips as defensive coordinator
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey Houston Texans Arian Foster #23