Wife felled by Parkinson's disease
NEW ORLEANS -- Grace Marie Trudeau Benson, wife of New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson, died Tuesday at 76.
She died of Parkinson's disease at her home, the team said.
She had been with her husband at all Saints games until recently when she became too ill to attend.
Mrs. Benson was the founding chairwoman of the Louisiana State University Eye Center Visionary Gala. She also was a board member of the LSU Medical Center and spearheaded telethons for children's hospitals in New Orleans and San Antonio. She was a top supporter of the American Heart Association.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by five children, a sister and six grandchildren.
Memorial services are Wednesday in New Orleans.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Martin on 49ers: 'It's a blank slate for me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Women's New Orleans Saints Breast Cancer Awareness 9Forty Adjustable Hat