John Fassel staying with college team
The 30-year-old Fassel announced his decision to turn down the Ravens offensive assistant job to his New Mexico Highlands team Tuesday night, according to a statement from the university.
Fassel is the head coach at the Division II school, which posted an 0-11 record last year in Fassel's first season as the head coach. He was an assistant coach for the Cowboys in 2002.
"I felt like I would be leaving my family," Fassel said in the statement. "The players and coaches on our team made a commitment to me, and I couldn't let them down."
Jim Fassel, fired by the Giants after last season, was hired earlier this month by the Ravens as senior consultant.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dungy attempts to clarify comments on Sam
- Johnson at Texans' HQ Monday, sources say
- Pettine eyes 3rd preseason game to name QB
- Harbaugh: Rice decision key for preseason
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's New York Giants Navy Brilliant Polo