Team waiting for Sharpe's decision
Santiago is a six-year NFL veteran who spent last season with Oakland, catching five passes for 69 yards in 12 games.
Hape returns for his fourth season with the Broncos and eighth overall in the NFL. In 108 career games, he has caught 43 passes for 252 yards and seven touchdowns.
Sharpe, the NFL's all-time leader in touchdowns, reception and yardage by a tight end, is expected to announce soon whether he will retire or return for a 14th season. He has said he wants to give the team time to plan before the April 26-27 draft.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Darren Mcfadden Jersey - Away Game Oakland Raiders