Giants TE struggling with pain
Shockey missed his second straight day of minicamp Thursday, and coach Tom Couglin said the two-time Pro Bowler would not return until the soreness that has been bothering him is gone.
The Giants finish their offseason training next week.
Shockey has been bothered by foot and toe problems since his rookie season in 2002. He missed the final seven games of last season with a knee injury.
Doctors said Shockey's current problem was caused by aggravating a foot injury from last season, the Giants said.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: KC gives Charles 2-year extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Suggs wants Flacco to be more vocal leader
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Hakeem Nicks Wall Graphic