Reed injures left knee
Reed walked off the field on his own, and was taken to the Bills' training room for X-rays, which were negative. The team announced that he would not return.
He was held out of the game for precautionary reasons.
The Bills originally announced the injury to be a hyper-extended knee, but Reed doesn't believe that is the problem.
"I'm not exactly sure," he said. "The doctor's going to have to check it out again tomorrow to make the final decision on what it is. I'm a little sore, but I'll be all right."
Reed, the Bills' third receiver, was hurt when Arizona's LeVar Woods' helmet struck him on the knee as he was being tackled along the left sidelines.
Reed has nine catches this season for 93 yards.
The Bills were already down a receiver when reserve Drew Haddad was made inactive for the game with a hamstring injury.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks to host Packers in season opener
- Giants-Lions, Chargers-Cards to open MNF
- No winner in Rams' schedule-guessing game
- Source: Manziel on Bucs' short list at No. 7
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Great American Products Buffalo Bills 2-Piece Logo Rocks Glass Set