Receiver runs some routes at practice
KAPOLEI, Hawaii -- Terrell Owens just can't stay off the football field.
Although the Philadelphia Eagles receiver already gave up his spot at the Pro Bowl because of his ankle injury, Owens still participated in the NFC squad's practice Friday. Owens ran a few routs and later caught a few passes on the sideline after posing for pictures in his Pro Bowl uniform.
Owens returned to the Eagles' lineup for the Super Bowl just 6½ weeks after surgery to place two screws in his ankle. The All-Pro caught nine passes for 122 yards in Philadelphia's loss to New England.
Owens was selected for his fifth Pro Bowl in nine NFL seasons, but was replaced on the NFC roster Wednesday by St. Louis' Torry Holt. Owens also missed the Pro Bowl last year with an injury.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
- Broncos' visits to Bama catch NFL's attention
- OTL: He may have shot Tillman
- Source: Jags to meet with Bridgewater again
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Philadelphia Eagles Trent Cole #58