George may finish his career in Tennessee
George, the Titans' all-time leading rusher, and Titans coach Jeff Fisher said they are interested in pursuing George's return. George spent the first eight years of his career with Houston/Tennessee.
George signed with Dallas last year but wasn't re-signed by the Cowboys after rushing for a career-low 432 yards and four touchdowns.
"I am not ready to put a percentage on it right now, but there is a chance," Fisher said. "I always thought Eddie should finish his career here, but there are a lot of things we have to work through."
If George, 31, returns to Tennessee it would be as a backup to third-year pro Chris Brown.
"I definitely have an interest in coming back. I never had any ill feelings toward the organization," George said.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Tennessee Titans 24 oz Polka Dot Tumbler