Players won't sign deals until May 6
NEW ORLEANS -- The New Orleans Saints announced Wednesday that they had agreed to terms on two-year contracts with 10 rookie free agents who were expected to report for minicamp at the end of next week.
Rookie free agents were undrafted and often do not make regular season rosters, but some have parlayed an invitation to training camp into sustained NFL careers.
Those joining the Saints for the coming preseason include Louisiana native Tramissan Davis, who played wide receiver for Louisiana Tech, as well as All-Pac 10 cornerback Matthew Clark out of UCLA.
The others are:
• Scott Beveridge, a wide receiver from NAIA Peru State.
• Dwight Ellick, a Notre Dame cornerback who had 44 tackles and two interceptions last season.
• Keron Henry, who led Connecticut in receiving with 67 catches for 891 yards and five touch downs last season.
• Keith Joseph, who started at fullback for the last two seasons at Texas A&M.
• L.P. La Douceur, a defensive end and long snapper out of California.
• Northwestern guard Ike Ndukwe, who is 6-foot-4, 330 pounds.
• Russel Rabe, a defensive end at Minnesota-Duluth who is expected to move to linebacker in the NFL. He had eight sacks and 17 tackles for a loss last season.
• Nick Steitz, 6-foot-4, 312-pound guard who was a three-year starter at Oregon.
While the players or their agent have agreed to terms with the Saints, most won't formally sign their deals until arriving at Saints headquarters May 6.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
- Mathieu advice to Gordon: Pick yourself up
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's New Orleans Saints Pique Xtra-Lite White Polo