Giants' DT Joseph out month with dislocated elbow
New York Giants
Giants coach Tom Coughlin confirmed on Monday that Joseph will be sidelined for "probably four weeks" with a dislocated right elbow. Joseph suffered the injury in Sunday's 24-21 loss to Minnesota.
"It's a shame because William was playing very well for us," Coughlin said.
Joseph had 19 tackles and two sacks in nine games this season.
A first-round pick out of Miami in 2003, Joseph played in 14 games as a rookie with no starts. He had six tackles and a sack in his first NFL game against St. Louis. Last year, he started four of 15 games and recorded 25 tackles and two sacks.
The Giants (6-3) are in first place in the NFC East, ahead of Dallas (5-3), Washington (5-4) and Philadelphia (4-4).
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Romo says his best football is yet to come
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NFL Team Apparel Infant New York Giants 3-Pack Creeper Set