Steelers release safeties Logan, Stuvaints
Logan recently needed knee surgery stemming from a Super Bowl injury and is likely to re-sign with the Steelers. By releasing him, the Steelers temporarily cleared about $1 million in salary cap room.
The Steelers are expected to re-sign Logan not only because they face losing safety Chris Hope as a free agent, but to avoid facing a grievance for releasing an injured player.
Stuvaints spent all or part of the last three seasons with the Steelers. He was placed on the injured reserve list Nov. 22 with a hamstring injury. He would have counted $230,000 against the cap next season.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dungy attempts to clarify comments on Sam
- Johnson at Texans' HQ Monday, sources say
- Pettine eyes 3rd preseason game to name QB
- Bengals confident Atkins, Hall will be healthy
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Pittsburgh Steelers Exceed Polo