Eagles' Jones arrested for dancing in street
Jones was charged with the misdemeanor of failure to obey a lawful command after he allegedly refused to stop dancing outside a South Beach club early Sunday, according to Miami Beach police.
"He refused several orders to get out of the street, and he was arrested," said police spokesman Bobby Hernandez on Monday.
The 28-year-old Jones signed an affidavit promising to appear in court for arraignment. It wasn't immediately clear Monday when that would occur or whether Jones, who lives in New York, had hired a lawyer.
The 6-foot-1, 240-pound Jones has played the last two seasons with the Eagles. He played in 16 games last season, recording 70 tackles and one interception. He was originally drafted out of Michigan by the New York Giants, where he played for four seasons.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Agent: Peppers joins Packers on 3-year deal
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Away Game Jersey Philadelphia Eagles DeSean Jackson #10