Houston injured, later released from hospital
Houston was taken to the University of Tennessee Medical Center where he was treated for injuries that were not considered life threatening and released.
The former Tennessee standout was a passenger in a car that went up an embankment on a rural stretch of Interstate 40, about 50 miles west of Knoxville, and hit a tree stump, Tennessee Highway Patrol officials told Knoxville television station WATE.
Charges were not immediately filed against the driver.
The Jets would not comment Saturday on Houston's injuries because he has yet to be examined by a team doctor.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's New York Jets Green Play Action Hooded Long Sleeve Shirt