Bears come to terms with picks Manning, Dvoracek
LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears finally have all of their picks under contract.
Manning, a safety from Abilene Christian, was chosen with the 42nd pick -- the Bears' first of the draft. He had 159 tackles, 11 interceptions, 13 pass breakups, six forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries in college. Dvoracek, a defensive tackle from Oklahoma, had 131 tackles and 16 sacks.
The Bears completed a hectic flurry of signings.
Earlier in the week, the Bears signed second-round selection Devin Hester of Miami, who looks to figure in special teams, and linebacker Jamar Williams, a fourth-round pick out of Arizona State, who should be a building block for the future.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NFL Team Apparel Toddler Chicago Bears Block Orange Long Sleeve Shirt