Deals for picks Johnson, Watkins in the Cards
They were the first players chosen by the Cardinals in the April draft to agree to terms with the team.
Johnson, a fifth-rounder, led Louisville last season with 72 tackles including 44 solo stops. He also had two sacks, two interceptions, and a fumble recovery.
A special teams standout, Johnson finished his college career with six blocked kicks, including tying for the national lead with four as a freshman in 2002.
Watkins, a seventh-round draft pick, was a two-year starter at Brigham Young and finished with 1,605 yards receiving and 13 touchdowns on 94 receptions. He had 563 yards and seven TDs on 42 catches last season.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch starts holdout over contract
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
- Cowboys' McClain convicted, already appeals
- Saints TE Graham glad contract 'mess' over
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Arizona Cardinals Crusher Watch