Holmes pleads not guilty to disorderly conduct
Neither Holmes nor his attorney was present at a brief hearing before Miami-Dade County Judge Darrin P. Gayles. A court date wasn't immediately set.
Holmes, who was the Steelers' first-round pick in the April NFL draft out of Ohio State, was arrested as part of a police crackdown on revelers who annually converge on Miami Beach during the Memorial Day weekend.
Holmes, 22, has also pleaded not guilty to separate domestic violence and simple assault charges involving a woman in Columbus, Ohio. The woman, who police said is the mother of his daughter, has asked that charges against Holmes be dropped.
Holmes, a native of Belle Glade, Fla., led Ohio State in receiving last year with 53 catches for 977 yards and 11 touchdowns. He decided to skip his final season of collegiate eligibility to enter the NFL draft.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey New York Jets Santonio Holmes #10