Ex-lineman Teeuws dies at 79
INDIANAPOLIS -- Len Teeuws, who spent six seasons as an offensive and defensive linemen for the Los Angeles Rams and Chicago, has died. He was 79.
Teeuws, who died Friday, was a longtime activist in the retired players wing of the NFL Players Association. His death was announced by the NFLPA.
Teeuws played at Tulane and was drafted by the Rams in 1952. He was an offensive and defensive tackle for two seasons before being traded to Chicago, where he played for four years.
Following his NFL career, he was an executive for TIC International Corp., an actuarial firm in Indianapolis.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis St. Louis Rams 24 oz Logo Wrap Tumbler