Packers sign second-round pick Jennings
The 5-foot-11, 197-pound Jennings was the 52nd selection overall. Jennings led the nation with 8.91 receptions per game in his senior season, catching 98 passes. He had three consecutive seasons with 1,000 yards receiving, only the 11th player in Division I-A history to accomplish that.
In 2005, he became the first Mid-American Conference player chosen league MVP and offensive player of the year since Randy Moss did so at Marshall in 1997.
Jennings is the sixth of the team's league-high 12 draft picks to sign.
The team released tight end Garrett Cross.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch starts holdout over contract
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
- Cowboys' McClain convicted, already appeals
- Saints TE Graham glad contract 'mess' over
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- WinCraft Donald Driver "Thanks for the Memories" Pennant