Bengals sign troubled third-round pick Rucker
CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati signed third-round pick Frostee Rucker, one of four Bengals arrested in the last two months, to a four-year contract Sunday, bringing the last of their draft picks into camp.
Financial terms of the deal weren't disclosed.
The 6-foot-3, 263-pound defensive end had 6½ sacks and an interception last season at Southern California. He also had 14 tackles for losses.
Rucker was charged last month with two counts of spousal battery and vandalism in Los Angeles. Prosecutors said Rucker's girlfriend suffered minor injuries at a party he hosted last year.
Convictions on the misdemeanor charges could carry a sentence of up to three years in jail. Rucker has denied the allegations.
Also Sunday, the Bengals waived rookie punter Danny Baugher of Arizona, who signed as a college free agent in May.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Romo says his best football is yet to come
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Cincinnati Bengals Black Touchdown Classic 39Thirty Flex Hat