Hamstring keeps Panthers' Smith out of practice
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Steve Smith, the league's top receiver last season, missed practice again Friday with the Carolina Panthers because of a hamstring injury and is questionable for this weekend's game at Minnesota.
Smith has been out since straining his right hamstring in practice Sept. 5. Without Smith, the Panthers failed to score a touchdown in their 20-6 season-opening loss to Atlanta.
The Panthers also practiced again without Justin Hartwig, whose groin injury leaves him questionable for Sunday's game. Hartwig was injured in the fourth quarter against the Falcons. Neither he nor Smith has practiced this week.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Baltimore Ravens Steve Smith Sr. #89