Lions' Roy Williams leaves game after being hit hard
Williams caught a first-down pass from Jon Kitna on a slant pattern near midfield, and Minnesota safety Darren Sharper finished the play with a hard hit to the neck and shoulder of Williams. Williams writhed in pain briefly before walking off the field. He had his shoulder pads off on the sideline while a trainer worked on him, and the team said his return was questionable.
Two snaps later, right guard Damien Woody sustained a significant injury to his left leg while pulling to his right on an outside running play by Kevin Jones. Woody walked gingerly off the field without assistance, and without his left shoe. Detroit announced that Woody's return also was questionable.
Defensive tackle Shaun Cody also hurt his left foot, in the second quarter. His return was questionable.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Peyton may decide to return soon
- Sources: NFL probes Falcons' fake crowd noise
- Sources: Jets, Bills eye Revis in free agency
- Sources: Lions seen as favorites to keep Suh
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Detroit Lions Matthew Stafford #9