Giants starters Madison, Umenyiora inactive vs. Bucs
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora and starting right cornerback Sam Madison were among the inactives for the New York Giants game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday.
Umenyiora was expected to miss the game after injuring his hip in the win over Dallas on Monday night.
Madison, however, had given the impression he would play despite not practicing this week because of a hamstring injury.
Rookie Mathias Kiwanuka got his first start for Umenyiora at right end, while R.W. McQuarters got the start for Madison. Carlos Emmons started at strongside linebacker for LaVar Arrington, who sustained a season-ending Achilles' tendon injury on Monday.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
- McCoy wants Eagles' 'offense on my back'
- Bush says lack of discipline hurting Lions
- Flacco to wear knee brace against Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Northwest New York Giants Cooling Towel