Giants' top receiver Burress inactive against Texans
New York Giants
Burress, who leads the team with five touchdowns, did not practice all week. Five-year veteran Tim Carter replaced him in the starting lineup.
Starting linebacker Brandon Short, who hurt his quadriceps last week, also was inactive.
Reserve linebacker Kailee Wong, who saw his first action two weeks ago after spending the early part of the season on the physically unable to perform list, was the most notable of the Texans' inactive players.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- McCown has 5 TDs as Bears bully Cowboys
- Trestman: Cutler remains Bears' starter
- Shanahan mulls sitting RG III for rest of '13
- Gronk on IR; torn ACL, MCL, source says
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's New York Giants Realtree Camo Adjustable Hat