Giants' top receiver Burress inactive against Texans
New York Giants
Burress, who leads the team with five touchdowns, did not practice all week. Five-year veteran Tim Carter replaced him in the starting lineup.
Starting linebacker Brandon Short, who hurt his quadriceps last week, also was inactive.
Reserve linebacker Kailee Wong, who saw his first action two weeks ago after spending the early part of the season on the physically unable to perform list, was the most notable of the Texans' inactive players.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
- Dolphins say scandal in past as camp opens
- Ravens sign suspended former Giants S Hill
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Boys' Home Game Jersey New York Giants Jason Pierre-Paul #90