Broncos lose safety Brandon for season
DENVER -- Broncos safety Sam Brandon is out for the year after tearing a right knee ligament in Sunday's win at Pittsburgh.
Brandon, who's been used mostly in nickel packages, will probably have surgery in the next two to three weeks after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament, said his agent, Michael Hoffman.
The Broncos' defense was decimated in the 31-20 victory. Defensive linemen Ebenezer Ekuban (thigh) and Patrick Chukwurah (hamstring strain) and linebacker Ian Gold (hamstring strain) all had medical tests Monday. Coach Mike Shanahan said the results won't be revealed until Wednesday.
"I can't ever remember losing as many guys on one side of the football," Shanahan said.
Denver (6-2) plays at Oakland next Sunday.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
- Player: Seahawks miffed over HGH tests
- Brady, Belichick say Seau a lock for HOF
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Denver Broncos Julius Thomas #80