Vikings safety Sharper fined $15K for bumping referee
A league spokesman said the fine was for "impermissable physical contact with a game official. Specifically while pursuing a pass play, he ran directly toward the game official and shoved him to the ground."
The play happened during the third quarter of Sunday's 24-20 loss to the Dolphins.
Sharper was surprised when he found a letter from the NFL in his locker on Friday morning and called the contact accidental.
"There's no story here," he said. "I'm going to appeal it and that money's coming right back."
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon fails another test, faces ban
- Brady expects 'Deflategate' talk after season
- Saints' Graham dunks on crossbar after TD
- Sherman: Goodell won't punish Kraft's Pats
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Where Seattle Is Vulnerable
- Area of weakness