Harrison joins Rice, Brown, Carter in 1,000-catch club
Marvin Harrison had six receptions in Sunday's loss at Jacksonville to become only the fourth receiver in NFL history with 1,000 receptions.
Harrison caught a 13-yard pass from Peyton Manning early in the fourth quarter to join the elite.
Harrison ended up with six catches for 101 yards in a 44-17 defeat. His 1,000th catch was his 73rd of the season.
The 34-yard-old Harrison, who also surpassed 1,000 yards receiving for the season, is on pace for his eighth consecutive season with at least 80 catches and 1,000 yards.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dungy attempts to clarify comments on Sam
- Johnson at Texans' HQ Monday, sources say
- Pettine eyes 3rd preseason game to name QB
- Falcons sign vet Angerer to sure up LB spot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Indianapolis Colts Fan Blue V-Neck Shirt