Starks agrees to continue counseling
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Randy Starks agreed in court Tuesday to continue anger management counseling, and a domestic assault charge against him will be dismissed if he has no further incidents with the woman involved.
"It's not an admission of guilt," Starks' attorney Roger May said.
If Starks continues the counseling he started after the incident on Aug. 12 and avoids any further situations with then-fiancee Tuere Tene Rodriguez, the charge of domestic assault will be dismissed in General Sessions Court.
The case had been rescheduled for Tuesday as both Starks' attorney and the district attorney's office had tried to reach an agreement to avoid a trial.
Starks had been free on $2,000 bond. He turned himself in about 90 minutes before the Titans' exhibition opener after being charged in a scuffle involving Rodriguez at his home and an argument over an ex-girlfriend.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL or Michigan? Harbaugh said to be torn
- Cowboys list Murray (hand) as questionable
- Slip of the tongue: Obama shouts out Flacco
- Rivera 'confident' Newton will start Sunday