Tomlinson named sportsman of year
Tomlinson leads the NFL with 1,626 rushing yards, 31 touchdowns and 186 points, guiding San Diego to an AFC-best 12-2 record. He was chosen AFC offensive player of the week four times.
The St. Louis-based publication also recognized Tomlinson for charitable activities, including free camps for kids in San Diego and Waco and Fort Worth, Texas. He also donates 25 college scholarships and laptop computers each year to needy students in San Diego and Waco.
Tomlinson grew up in Texas and played at Texas Christian University.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Browns coach not ready to pick starting QB
- Vikings settle, to donate to gay rights groups
- Former Titan Shaw announces ALS diagnosis
- Steelers sign Gilbert to new 6-year contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Women's San Diego Chargers Team Colored Glitter Flip Flop