Tomlinson named sportsman of year
Tomlinson leads the NFL with 1,626 rushing yards, 31 touchdowns and 186 points, guiding San Diego to an AFC-best 12-2 record. He was chosen AFC offensive player of the week four times.
The St. Louis-based publication also recognized Tomlinson for charitable activities, including free camps for kids in San Diego and Waco and Fort Worth, Texas. He also donates 25 college scholarships and laptop computers each year to needy students in San Diego and Waco.
Tomlinson grew up in Texas and played at Texas Christian University.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
- Former QB McNabb spends day in jail for DUI
- Source: Watt has 5th-year option exercised
- Ravens activate LB McClain from reserve list
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin San Diego Chargers Kids' Deluxe Uniform Set