Jets add former Chiefs DE Hicks to retooled defensive line
Keyonta Marshall, a defensive tackle on the practice squad, was released.
Hicks, who turns 31 next month, ranks fifth on the Chiefs' career sacks list with 40½, including a career-high 14 in 2000.
Kansas City released Hicks on May 1, three days after taking defensive lineman Claude "Turk" McBride in the second round of the NFL draft. Hicks, who made the Chiefs' roster as an undrafted free agent out of Maryland in 1998, became a full-time starter in 1999. But his role diminished in recent years with the emergence of Jared Allen and Tamba Hali. Hicks had just seven tackles, two solo, in 16 games last season.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers has idea of status, but not saying
- Sources: Welker not expected back vs. Texans
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings New York Jets Goal Line Softee Football