Pacman says he knew 'truth would come out' after traffic violations dismissed
Mort on Mike & Mike
Pacman Jones has every right to make a go at wrestling because he's lost a lot of money through his NFL suspension, but it's clear he's clueless about some things, Chris Mortensen says. Listen
"I knew the truth would come out in the end," Jones said after a hearing in Williamson County, the Nashville suburb where he owns a home.
Jones was pulled over the morning of June 10 in his orange Lamborghini sports car because the tags did not match the vehicle.
Sheriff's deputies said he had switched the plate from another vehicle he owns. He was cited with a registration violation, as well as a residency violation for having a Georgia license and failure to show proof of insurance.
Jones' attorney, Worrick Robinson, said the charges were dismissed because authorities had incorrect information about the registration and license.
"The deputy indicated today that he was acting on the incorrect information," Robinson said. "We have worked with them to make sure that they have accurate information so that the same thing will not happen again."
Robinson said he was particularly glad to clear up the license plate allegation "because tag swapping is a crime of intent."
"You intend to swap tags. All we had here truly were allegations of not having the correct information with him," Robinson said.
The attorney said the deputy also now understands that Jones is actually a Georgia resident.
"He lives in Tennessee because he is employed here," Robinson said of Jones. "However, his mother, his grandparents, his daughter, they all live in Georgia. That is his permanent residence."
The officer who wrote the citation was in court but declined to say what information had been wrong.
The Titans cornerback is suspended for a year because of several serious legal issues since being drafted in 2005. He faces felony coercion charges in connection with a Feb. 19 fight and triple-shooting at a Las Vegas strip club.
Jones also faces a felony charge of obstruction stemming from a physical altercation in February 2006 with an officer on patrol in Fayetteville, Ga., but no trial date has been set.
A misdemeanor charge stemming from an August 2006 nightclub altercation also could be revived against Jones depending on the outcome of the Vegas case.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos, WR Sanders agree to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL'S ZERO TOLERANCE
Roger Goodell is cracking down on the player misconduct that's plagued his term as NFL commissioner, suspending Tennessee's Adam "Pacman" Jones (right) for the 2007 season and Cincinnati's Chris Henry and Tank Johnson (left) for eight games. Henry and Johnson have since been reinstated after serving their penalties.
Pacman News• Judge cuts Titans out of Pacman lawsuit in Vegas
• Titans try to quash shooting victim's lawsuit
• NFL denies Pacman's appeal to return in 2007
• Union appeals Pacman's 'excessive' suspension
• NFL to hear union's appeal on Pacman's behalf
• Pacman pleads no contest in strip club melee
• Goodell reviewing union Pacman appeal
• Judge accepts 'Pacman' plea agreement
• Report: Pacman to accept Las Vegas plea deal
• Union appeals to commish to reduce Pacman ban
• Union to appeal ruling that Pacman must sit year
• Report: Some Titans want Pacman back
• Pacman won't be reinstated early
• Uncertainty surrounds Pacman's talk with Goodell
• Pacman, Goodell to meet, discuss reinstatement
• Vegas evidentiary hearing postponed
• Strip club manager sues Pacman, Titans, NFL
• Report: Pacman says he's earned early return
• Pacman wins tag-team title
• Pacman to try hand at hip-hop
• Pacman to set record straight in interview
• Pacman makes TNA debut
• Titans obtain order to stop Pacman from wrestling
• Pacman's ticket violations dismissed
• Pacman makes first TNA appearance
• Arrests? By Pacman's count, he's only had two
• Agent: Pacman won't wrestle for TNA
• Pacman defense expected to enter not guilty plea
• NFL may allow Pacman to work out with Titans
• Lawyer: Deputy pledged to pull over Pacman
• Vegas charges may affect Pacman's Tenn. plea
• Vegas bouncer sues Pacman
• VY: Teammates feel Pacman doesn't care
• Cops seek Pacman about shooting involving crew
• Paralyzed victim rebuilds life
• Sources: Pacman at strip club before hearing
• Pacman takes out ad to apologize
• NFL bans Pacman for 2007 season
• Pacman-related incidents
Johnson News• Johnson: Cowboys 'great opportunity'
• Johnson agrees to deal with Cowboys
• Johnson doesn't blame Bears for waiving him
• Johnson won't face charges in Arizona
• Bears waive Tank Johnson
• Tank Johnson suspended eight games
Henry News• Henry in altercation with parking attendant
• Ky. confirms Henry didn't fail test
• Bengals hope Henry gets message
Analysis• Pasquarelli: Bears have no regrets
• Clayton: Tank suspension makes sense
• Pasquarelli: Titans picking up hte pieces
• Garber: Pacman gifted on field, troubled off it
• Ex-Titans GM Reese: We tried to help Pacman
- Photo File Tennessee Titans Chris Johnson Framed Photo