Pacman one half of 'Posterboyz' duo; NFL scrutinizes label name
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Suspended Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones is not expected to play in the NFL this season, so he keeps looking for new ways to stay busy.
First there was wrestling, now it's hip-hop.
His National Street League Records, based in Atlanta, announced Wednesday that Jones will team with producer Spoaty in a duo called Posterboyz with their first single "Let it Shine" being released Aug. 27. The song talks about big money, cars and jewelry.
This latest venture might cause more problems for Jones with the National Football League. Officials are looking into whether or not the record label's name, National Street League Records, infringes on the league's trademark, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.
Jones has been suspended from the NFL for the 2007 season for violating the league's personal conduct policy by being arrested six times. Police records for various incidents in Tennessee and Georgia show five different arrests for the former first-round draft pick.
His sixth arrest came in June when he was booked by Las Vegas police in the most serious case. He is under indictment there on two felony counts of coercion stemming from a February fight at a strip club that left a bouncer, a former wrestler himself, paralyzed.
A felony obstruction of an officer charge was postponed until this fall in Georgia, and misdemeanor charges of public intoxication and disorderly conduct were revived in July and postponed until January.
Jones also has signed a contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling and debuted in a pay-per-view last weekend under a temporary injunction negotiated between the team, TNA and Jones' attorneys to limit his chances of physical injury.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ocho Canada: Johnson joins CFL's Alouettes
- Reports: D-Jax owes Rosenhaus over $500K
- Hernandez associate accused of lying to feds
- New Jet Johnson motivated to silence critics
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL'S ZERO TOLERANCE
Roger Goodell is cracking down on the player misconduct that's plagued his term as NFL commissioner, suspending Tennessee's Adam "Pacman" Jones (right) for the 2007 season and Cincinnati's Chris Henry and Tank Johnson (left) for eight games. Henry and Johnson have since been reinstated after serving their penalties.
Pacman News• Judge cuts Titans out of Pacman lawsuit in Vegas
• Titans try to quash shooting victim's lawsuit
• NFL denies Pacman's appeal to return in 2007
• Union appeals Pacman's 'excessive' suspension
• NFL to hear union's appeal on Pacman's behalf
• Pacman pleads no contest in strip club melee
• Goodell reviewing union Pacman appeal
• Judge accepts 'Pacman' plea agreement
• Report: Pacman to accept Las Vegas plea deal
• Union appeals to commish to reduce Pacman ban
• Union to appeal ruling that Pacman must sit year
• Report: Some Titans want Pacman back
• Pacman won't be reinstated early
• Uncertainty surrounds Pacman's talk with Goodell
• Pacman, Goodell to meet, discuss reinstatement
• Vegas evidentiary hearing postponed
• Strip club manager sues Pacman, Titans, NFL
• Report: Pacman says he's earned early return
• Pacman wins tag-team title
• Pacman to try hand at hip-hop
• Pacman to set record straight in interview
• Pacman makes TNA debut
• Titans obtain order to stop Pacman from wrestling
• Pacman's ticket violations dismissed
• Pacman makes first TNA appearance
• Arrests? By Pacman's count, he's only had two
• Agent: Pacman won't wrestle for TNA
• Pacman defense expected to enter not guilty plea
• NFL may allow Pacman to work out with Titans
• Lawyer: Deputy pledged to pull over Pacman
• Vegas charges may affect Pacman's Tenn. plea
• Vegas bouncer sues Pacman
• VY: Teammates feel Pacman doesn't care
• Cops seek Pacman about shooting involving crew
• Paralyzed victim rebuilds life
• Sources: Pacman at strip club before hearing
• Pacman takes out ad to apologize
• NFL bans Pacman for 2007 season
• Pacman-related incidents
Johnson News• Johnson: Cowboys 'great opportunity'
• Johnson agrees to deal with Cowboys
• Johnson doesn't blame Bears for waiving him
• Johnson won't face charges in Arizona
• Bears waive Tank Johnson
• Tank Johnson suspended eight games
Henry News• Henry in altercation with parking attendant
• Ky. confirms Henry didn't fail test
• Bengals hope Henry gets message
Analysis• Pasquarelli: Bears have no regrets
• Clayton: Tank suspension makes sense
• Pasquarelli: Titans picking up hte pieces
• Garber: Pacman gifted on field, troubled off it
• Ex-Titans GM Reese: We tried to help Pacman
- Fremont Die Tennessee Titans 8" Logo Magnet