Jaguars kicker Scobee injures right leg during warmups
Scobee did kick an extra point after Jacksonville's touchdown in the first quarter and kicked a field goal in the second quarter.
But his leg was clearly bothering him after he slipped on the grass about an hour before kickoff. Scobee, who made an NFL-best 14 field goals from 40 to 49 yards last season, slammed his helmet to the ground and walked into the locker room.
The Jaguars had rookie punter Adam Podlesh, a fourth-round draft pick from Maryland, practicing field goals and kickoffs a few minutes later.
Scobee returned to the field just before the opening kickoff and had his upper right leg heavily wrapped. Podlesh then kicked off.
Scobee, a fifth-round pick in 2004, has made 78.5 percent of his field goal attempts (73 of 93) in three seasons. He also has made 100 of 101 extra points.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Cowboys sign OT Smith to $110M contract
- Steelers' Brown rips Sanders' QB comments
- RG III scoffs at zone read talk: Not who I am
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey Jacksonville Jaguars Justin Blackmon #14