Broncos, Stokley agree on three-year contract extension
Terms of the deal announced Saturday were not immediately released by the team.
Stokley stepped into the starting lineup this season after Javon Walker suffered a knee injury. So far this season he's caught 39 passes for 614 yards and four touchdowns.
Stokley, a nine-year veteran, ruptured his right Achilles' tendon last December, leading to his offseason release from the Indianapolis Colts and scaring away potential suitors in free agency. He had surgery right before last Christmas and rehabbed in Denver after signing with the Broncos on March 22.
Stokley, who had injured his knee in last week's loss to Oakland and hadn't practice all week until Friday, is expected to play on Sunday.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
- Spikes agrees to contract terms with Buffalo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- OYO Denver Broncos Eric Decker Minifigure