Spurlock makes Bucs history with kickoff return TD
TAMPA, Fla. -- It took 32 seasons and 1,865 tries, but the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have finally scored on a kickoff return.
Micheal Spurlock returned a first-quarter kick 90 yards for a TD for a 14-3 lead against the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday. He fielded the kick from Morten Andersen at his 10, burst through a huge opening in the middle of the field and cut up the right sideline to the end zone untouched.
A total of 141 players have run back kicks since Tampa Bay's inaugural season in 1976. The previous long for a return was 86 yards by Aaron Stecker against New Orleans in 2001.
The Bucs have returned 10 punts for TDs in team history.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Manziel works out for Browns brass
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal Tampa Bay Buccaneers Applique Banner Flag