Reports: Giants, Tynes near five-year deal
According to New York-area media reports, Tynes and the Super Bowl champion Giants are close on a five-year, $7 million contract.
Tynes, a Scottish-born kicker the team acquired in a trade with the Kansas City Chiefs last year, hit a 47-yard field goal in frigid conditions, shaking off two earlier misses to beat the Green Bay Packers and send the Giants to their third Super Bowl.
The 29-year-old hit 23 of 27 regular-season field goal attempts in 2007, including 11 of his last 12, and 40 of 42 point-after attempts.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NFL Team Apparel Youth New York Giants Team Standard Dri-Tek Royal T-Shirt