Chiefs release Welbourn as offseason remodeling starts
The Chiefs lost their last nine games of 2007, finishing 4-12 in their worst season in 30 years.
The 31-year-old Welbourn, who was released Thursday, started every game last season at right guard. Right tackle Chris Terry, a part-time starter, was let go late in the year.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Kansas City Chiefs 16 oz Colossal Wrap Tumbler