Favre's top 10 career moments
1. Super Bowl XXXIDate: Jan. 26, 1997
Score: Packers 35, Patriots 21
Why it mattered: Favre passed for two touchdowns (54, 81 yards) -- including one on the second play of the game -- and ran for another in the Packers' first Super Bowl in 29 years.
2. Playing for his fatherDate: Dec. 22, 2003
Score: Packers 41, Raiders 7
Why it mattered: Just one day after the sudden death of his father, Irv, Favre passed for 399 yards and four touchdowns on "Monday Night Football" in a blowout win.
3. The legend beginsDate: Sept. 20, 1992
Score: Packers 24, Bengals 23
Why it mattered: Favre joined Green Bay prior to the season and played in mop-up duty the week before as the Pack fell to 0-2. This day, he came off the bench to replace an injured Don Majkowski and threw the game-winning TD pass to Kitrick Taylor with 13 seconds remaining.
4. Record breakingDate: Sept. 30, 2007
Score: Packers 23, Vikings 16
Why it mattered: In his former house of horrors (the Metrodome), Favre throws a pair of touchdown passes -- his first being the 421st of his career, making him the NFL's all-time leader in that category.
5. Playoff boundDate: Dec. 18, 1994
Score: Packers 21, Falcons 17
Why it mattered: Favre orchestrated a final drive, capped off when he ran for the game-winning touchdown with 14 seconds left against the Falcons to keep the Packers' playoff hopes alive. Green Bay ended up making the playoffs for the second straight season.
6. NFC Wild CardDate: Jan. 8, 1994
Score: Packers 28, Lions 24
Why it mattered: Trailing 24-21 in Detroit, Favre threw a 40-yard touchdown pass to Sterling Sharpe with 55 seconds left for the Packers' first playoff win in 11 years.
7. Tying MarinoDate: Sept. 23, 2007
Score: Packers 31, Chargers 24
Why it mattered: With the Packers trailing by four points late in the fourth quarter, Favre throws a 57-yard TD pass to Greg Jennings for the go-ahead score. It was the 420th touchdown pass in Favre's career, tying Dan Marino for the all-time record.
8. Medical marvelDate: Dec. 24, 1995
Score: Packers 24, Steelers 19
Why it mattered: In a game the Packers needed to win to win the NFC Central, Favre, the victim of a crushing hit, came back after coughing up blood to throw a touchdown pass to tight end Mark Chmura.
9. MVP-boundDate: Nov. 12, 1995
Score: Packers 35, Bears 28
Why it mattered: Favre returns just one week after severely spraining his ankle to toss for 336 yards and a career-high five touchdown passes. He would go on to win his first MVP that season.
10. MNF miracleDate: Sept. 11, 1995
Score: Packers 27, Bears 24
Why it mattered: Favre tied an NFL record with a 99-yard touchdown pass to Robert Brooks in the second quarter on "Monday Night Football" -- and finished the game with 312 pass yards and three touchdowns.
Honorable mentionLaveranues Coles. In Week 4, the Jets routed the eventual NFC champions.
• Oct. 10, 1999: Packers 26, Buccaneers 23. Favre led his third fourth-quarter comeback in the first four games of the season against the Bucs on his 30th birthday (Favre also led late game-winning drives against the Raiders and Vikings in Weeks 1 and 2).
• Nov. 29, 2004: Packers 45, Rams 17. In his 200th consecutive regular-season start, Favre threw for three touchdowns on 18-of-27 passing for 215 yards against the Rams on "Monday Night Football."
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB