Kelly agrees to deal with Lions, becomes 4th ex-Buc to land in Detroit
Kelly agreed Saturday to a three-year deal with the Lions, the terms of which weren't immediately available. Kelly joins defensive tackle Chuck Darby, safety Dwight Smith and safety Kavlin Pearson, who signed a restricted free agent offer sheet, to work out deals with the Lions.
Marinelli was a former Bucs assistant head coach and defensive line coach from 1996-2005, before taking over as head coach of the Lions in 2006.
Kelly, a former second-round pick, started 73 games in his 10 seasons with the Bucs.
-- John Clayton, ESPN.com.
The deal includes a $500,000 signing bonus.
Manuel, 28, beat out Chris Crocker, Marlon McCree and others for the chance to compete for a starting safety job. Manuel signed a five-year, $10 million deal in 2006 with the Packers after he left the Seahawks following their Super Bowl season.
Manuel was cut by the Packers before spending last season as a backup with the Panthers, for whom he started two games.
-- John Clayton, ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Saints top Panthers to take NFC South lead
- Judge rejects Hernandez trial venue change
- Cowboys hopeful as Romo doesn't practice
- Source: Hardy trial ppd.; eyes reinstatement
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2008 FREE AGENCY
NFL teams began shopping for free agents on Feb. 29, with approximately 320 players available. Randy Moss (right), one of the top free agents available, re-signed with the Pats.
• Free-agent tracker
Commentary/Features• Paolantonio: Raiders wasting cash on Hall
• Clayton: Raiders immersed in spending spree
• Yasinskas: Bucs spending wisely
• Third And Short: Free-agent analysis
• Clayton: Best remaining players
• Clayton: Top 10 free-agent gambles
• Yasinskas: Saints rolling dice on Vilma, Morgan
• Sando: Role players cashing in
• Yasinskas: Jets improved, but QB remains issue
• Yasinskas: Browns focused on winning
• Clayton: Moss-Patriots deal meant to be
• Clayton: Winners and losers
• Chadiha: Reese sets the standard for rookie GMs
• Yasinskas: Five aggressive teams in the market
• Pasquarelli: Big payoffs await less-heralded FAs
• Clayton: It's better to keep your own guys
• Research: Top 10 free agents of all time
• Yasinskas: Redskins to try new approach
• Joyner: Evaluating four big names
• Chadiha: Dealing with the franchise tag
• Panthers continue O-line makeover, sign Brown
• Browns help LB depth, sign Orr to 1-year contract March 20
• Pats agree to deal with CB Bryant
• Roundup: Rams re-sign Romberg March 19
• Packers agree with LB Chillar
• Bengals' Andrews signs franchise tender
• Punter Turk re-signs with Texans
• Colts keep defensive end Thomas with new deal