Broncos ink deals with veteran safeties Manuel, McCree
HashmarksESPN.com's Matt Mosley, Mike Sando and Pat Yasinskas are following the NFL free-agency frenzy and sharing their thoughts. Get the latest news from the always updated Hashmarks.
The Broncos will be Manuel's fifth team. He played for Carolina last season and has also played for Green Bay, Seattle and Cincinnati, which chose him in the sixth round of the 2002 draft out of Florida. He's played in 91 regular-season games and made four starts in the playoffs, including the Super Bowl following the 2005 season while with the Seahawks.
The Broncos will also be the fifth team for McCree, who started the last two seasons for San Diego and is entering his eighth season. He has also played for Carolina, Houston and Jacksonville, which selected him in the seventh round of the 2001 draft after an outstanding career at Kentucky.
McCree has played in 106 NFL games, including 84 starts, and owns 16 career interceptions in the regular season. He's picked off three passes in seven postseason games.
Lynch, who turns 37 next season, recently accepted a pay cut from $3.12 million to $2 million, and Abdullah, who played at both strong and free safety last season, received the low tender of $927,000. The Broncos would have the right to match any higher offer from another NFL team for Abdullah.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Tomlin fined $100K; Steelers may lose picks
- London game starting at 9:30 a.m. ET in '14
- Rex: Our draft as strong as I've ever seen
- RG III: Redskins staff has 'great future'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2008 FREE AGENCY
NFL teams began shopping for free agents on Feb. 29, with approximately 320 players available. Randy Moss (right), one of the top free agents available, re-signed with the Pats.
• Free-agent tracker
Commentary/Features• Paolantonio: Raiders wasting cash on Hall
• Clayton: Raiders immersed in spending spree
• Yasinskas: Bucs spending wisely
• Third And Short: Free-agent analysis
• Clayton: Best remaining players
• Clayton: Top 10 free-agent gambles
• Yasinskas: Saints rolling dice on Vilma, Morgan
• Sando: Role players cashing in
• Yasinskas: Jets improved, but QB remains issue
• Yasinskas: Browns focused on winning
• Clayton: Moss-Patriots deal meant to be
• Clayton: Winners and losers
• Chadiha: Reese sets the standard for rookie GMs
• Yasinskas: Five aggressive teams in the market
• Pasquarelli: Big payoffs await less-heralded FAs
• Clayton: It's better to keep your own guys
• Research: Top 10 free agents of all time
• Yasinskas: Redskins to try new approach
• Joyner: Evaluating four big names
• Chadiha: Dealing with the franchise tag
• Panthers continue O-line makeover, sign Brown
• Browns help LB depth, sign Orr to 1-year contract March 20
• Pats agree to deal with CB Bryant
• Roundup: Rams re-sign Romberg March 19
• Packers agree with LB Chillar
• Bengals' Andrews signs franchise tender
• Punter Turk re-signs with Texans
• Colts keep defensive end Thomas with new deal