Titans agree to four-year deal with Scott
The Tennessee Titans went within their division to fill a big hole on their offensive line.
"Well, hopefully, if I'm doing my job he won't have to get outside the pocket too much," Scott said. "But I don't think it's really going to change a lot of what I do."
The Tennessean reported that Scott, 26, will be paid an average of $5 million per season.
The unrestricted free agent started 57 games for the Colts, including a current streak of 55 straight. All but four of his starts came at right guard.
Scott has eight career playoff starts, including the Colts' Super Bowl win in 2006. He was the fifth-round pick of the Colts in the 2004 NFL draft.
The Titans also hired Earnest Byner as their running backs coach.
Byner, a former Pro Bowl running back, said he looks forward to working with LenDale White.
"I like some of the vision he has, some yards after contact, protects the ball good when he gets into the pile," Byner said.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Colts' Richardson humbled by his demotion
- Suh hopes bad-guy perception will change
- Woodson: Pack should shut Rodgers down
- Peyton insists he's same player in cold
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2008 FREE AGENCY
NFL teams began shopping for free agents on Feb. 29, with approximately 320 players available. Randy Moss (right), one of the top free agents available, re-signed with the Pats.
• Free-agent tracker
Commentary/Features• Paolantonio: Raiders wasting cash on Hall
• Clayton: Raiders immersed in spending spree
• Yasinskas: Bucs spending wisely
• Third And Short: Free-agent analysis
• Clayton: Best remaining players
• Clayton: Top 10 free-agent gambles
• Yasinskas: Saints rolling dice on Vilma, Morgan
• Sando: Role players cashing in
• Yasinskas: Jets improved, but QB remains issue
• Yasinskas: Browns focused on winning
• Clayton: Moss-Patriots deal meant to be
• Clayton: Winners and losers
• Chadiha: Reese sets the standard for rookie GMs
• Yasinskas: Five aggressive teams in the market
• Pasquarelli: Big payoffs await less-heralded FAs
• Clayton: It's better to keep your own guys
• Research: Top 10 free agents of all time
• Yasinskas: Redskins to try new approach
• Joyner: Evaluating four big names
• Chadiha: Dealing with the franchise tag
• Panthers continue O-line makeover, sign Brown
• Browns help LB depth, sign Orr to 1-year contract March 20
• Pats agree to deal with CB Bryant
• Roundup: Rams re-sign Romberg March 19
• Packers agree with LB Chillar
• Bengals' Andrews signs franchise tender
• Punter Turk re-signs with Texans
• Colts keep defensive end Thomas with new deal