Jarrett's blood-alcohol level was .12 at arrest, police report indicates
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Police records show Carolina Panthers receiver Dwayne Jarrett's blood-alcohol level was .12 when he was arrested on a driving while impaired charge, above North Carolina's legal limit of .08.
Mecklenburg County court spokesman Charles Keller said Jarrett's blood-alcohol reading was in a police document delivered to the court Wednesday. A hearing involving Jarrett was continued until April 11.
The 21-year-old was arrested early Tuesday in the Charlotte suburb of Mint Hill after police said he crossed the center line and ran a red light.
The second-round pick from Southern California failed to crack the starting lineup last season and was held to six catches for 73 yards and no touchdowns.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension
- Source: Gordon hires former Sherman rep
- Peterson: Vikes' offense no longer 'predictable'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Carolina Panthers Laser Tag License Plate