Eagles plan to convert defensive tackle Klecko to fullback
The 275-pound Klecko has played defensive tackle and special teams and served as a short-yardage fullback for the New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts. The Eagles will use Klecko as a full-time fullback.
"Everything I've ever done at fullback has been very raw," Klecko said. "This is going to be a whole learning experience."
Klecko said he will need to lose about 20 pounds to play fullback.
"I have to come to camp thinking I don't have a job," he said. "I have to work for it."
In 47 games, Klecko has 39 tackles and three sacks and has caught four passes for 20 yards and a touchdown. He also had a touchdown catch in the Colts' 2007 AFC Championship Game win over the Patriots.
A native of nearby Marlboro, N.J., Klecko played at Temple and was a fourth-round pick by the Patriots in the 2003 draft.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- On-mend Murray with Cowboys for player drills
- Bears' Conte: NFL career worth early death
- 49ers' McDonald investigated for sexual assault
- Vick has paid down nearly all of $18M debt
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2008 FREE AGENCY
NFL teams began shopping for free agents on Feb. 29, with approximately 320 players available. Randy Moss (right), one of the top free agents available, re-signed with the Pats.
• Free-agent tracker
Commentary/Features• Paolantonio: Raiders wasting cash on Hall
• Clayton: Raiders immersed in spending spree
• Yasinskas: Bucs spending wisely
• Third And Short: Free-agent analysis
• Clayton: Best remaining players
• Clayton: Top 10 free-agent gambles
• Yasinskas: Saints rolling dice on Vilma, Morgan
• Sando: Role players cashing in
• Yasinskas: Jets improved, but QB remains issue
• Yasinskas: Browns focused on winning
• Clayton: Moss-Patriots deal meant to be
• Clayton: Winners and losers
• Chadiha: Reese sets the standard for rookie GMs
• Yasinskas: Five aggressive teams in the market
• Pasquarelli: Big payoffs await less-heralded FAs
• Clayton: It's better to keep your own guys
• Research: Top 10 free agents of all time
• Yasinskas: Redskins to try new approach
• Joyner: Evaluating four big names
• Chadiha: Dealing with the franchise tag
• Panthers continue O-line makeover, sign Brown
• Browns help LB depth, sign Orr to 1-year contract March 20
• Pats agree to deal with CB Bryant
• Roundup: Rams re-sign Romberg March 19
• Packers agree with LB Chillar
• Bengals' Andrews signs franchise tender
• Punter Turk re-signs with Texans
• Colts keep defensive end Thomas with new deal