Packers sign safety Bigby to 1-year contract
The signing, which was first reported by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on its Web site, was confirmed to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Packers did not plan to make an official announcement.
Bigby, a 5-foot-11, 210-pound safety out of Central Florida, made his debut for the Packers on Christmas Day 2006 against Chicago. He beat out Marquand Manuel for the starting position in training camp last year and gained a reputation as a hard hitter in the Packers' defensive secondary.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Green Bay Packers Rewind Script Green Long Sleeve Shirt