Colts sign team president Polian to extension
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Colts have signed president Bill Polian to a contract extension through 2011.
The Polian-led Colts have posted a 105-55 regular-season record over the past 10 seasons, reached the playoffs eight times and won the Super Bowl after the 2006 season.
Team owner Jim Irsay confirmed through a spokeswoman Wednesday that the extension has been finalized.
The 65-year-old Polian was hired in 1998 to oversee all on-field operations.
Polian also had success previously while running the Buffalo Bills, with his teams reaching the Super Bowl three times.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Pats' Blount cleared of Pittsburgh pot charge
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- 'Beast Mode' pop-up store doing brisk sales
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Indianapolis Colts Pat Mcafee #1