Report: Cowboys add to Pacman offer; Titans ready to cut ties
After their initial trade offer of a seventh-round draft pick for Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was declined, the Dallas Cowboys have added a player to their proposal, according to a report on SI.com Thursday.
The Titans are considering the deal but need to address some financial issues before they accept the offer, according to the report. Jones has two years left on his original five-year, $30 million contract, and the Cowboys want to redo the deal, likely to one year.
"The kid was the sixth pick in the  draft and we need to get something of value in return," an unnamed Titans official told SI.com.
Jones has stated his willingness to renegotiate the contract and his agent, Manny Arora, met with Cowboys officials earlier this week.
Titans coach Jeff Fisher seemed to indicate the team was ready to sever ties with the suspended cornerback.
"We've given them permission to look for a new home and whatever happens after that happens," Fisher told The Tennessean. "He's entitled to his opinion. I know he has enjoyed the time that he has spent here on the football field. But because of his choices and such off the field, he's created a situation where he's going to have to look elsewhere."
Fisher told the newspaper that didn't mean the Titans were officially finished with Jones.
"All we can do is move forward and if we're able to put something together that we think is good, then we'll just wait on the commissioner's decision," Fisher told The Tennessean. "It's a peculiar situation, one that's a result of [Jones'] personal choices, and it's really just in the commissioner's hands."
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Thursday that it was possible for Jones to be traded while suspended. But Fisher did not think a trade could be seen as a reward for Jones.
"Last year when he was suspended by the commissioner in the offseason, we moved on," Fisher told the newspaper. "So those are not issues as far as we are concerned."
Adam "Pacman" Jones was suspended for the 2007 NFL season amid several legal skirmishes. His playing future rests in the hands of commissioner Roger Goodell, who expects to weigh a possible 2008 reinstatement before training camp opens in July. A look at coverage of Jones:
• Jones submits NFL reinstatement letter
• Goodell grants Pacman partial reinstatement
• Pacman meets with commish Goodell
• Pacman pays gambling debt; case closed
• Cowboys could use Pacman at wide receiver
• Source: Meeting must happen before reinstatement
• Pacman puts house on market for $1.8M
• Emmitt's advice to Pacman: Make better choices
• Report: Suspect accuses Pacman of framing him
• NFL approves Jones' trade to Cowboys
• Pacman signs Cowboys contract
• Hall of Famer Brown offers to help Pacman
• Police: Pacman paid 'extortion' cash in shooting
• Police make arrest in strip-club shooting
• Goodell: Trade won't affect reinstatement
• Pacman: Trade first, then reinstatement
• Sources: Pacman offers pay concession to Titans
• Pacman returns to Atlanta routes for charity work
• Goodell: Pacman decision to come before camp
• Source: Cowboys-Titans Pacman talks stall
• Report: Pacman thinks he's through with Titans
• Report: Cowboys add to trade offer for Pacman
• Pacman may have to re-petition Goodell to return
• Source: Pacman still frequenting strip clubs
• NFL asking to be dropped from Pacman lawsuit
• Ga. assault complaint against Pacman withdrawn
• Pacman accused of punching woman at strip club
• Judge cuts Titans out of Pacman lawsuit in Vegas
• NFL denies Pacman's appeal to return in 2007
• Union appeals Pacman's 'excessive' suspension
• Pacman pleads no contest in strip club melee
• Goodell reviewing union Pacman appeal
• Judge accepts 'Pacman' plea agreement
• Union appeals to commish to reduce Pacman ban
• Report: Some Titans want Pacman back
• Pacman won't be reinstated early
• Strip club manager sues Pacman, Titans, NFL
• Report: Pacman says he's earned early return
• Pacman wins tag-team title
• Pacman to try hand at hip-hop
• Pacman to set record straight in interview
• Pacman makes TNA debut
• Pacman's ticket violations dismissed
• Arrests? By Pacman's count, he's only had two
• Pacman defense expected to enter not guilty plea
• NFL may allow Pacman to work out with Titans
• Lawyer: Deputy pledged to pull over Pacman
• Vegas charges may affect Pacman's Tenn. plea
• Vegas bouncer sues Pacman
• VY: Teammates feel Pacman doesn't care
• Cops seek Pacman about shooting involving crew
• Paralyzed victim rebuilds life
• Sources: Pacman at strip club before hearing
• Pacman takes out ad to apologize
• NFL bans Jones for 2007 season
• Pacman-related incidents
Analysis• Why Jerry Jones takes risks
• Third-and-Short: Player conduct
• Pasquarelli: Titans picking up the pieces
• Garber: Pacman gifted on field, troubled off it
• Ex-Titans GM Reese: We tried to help Pacman